Friday, July 25, 2014

Entry #15: Nineteen (today I Upgrade)

funny the pull of the tide
funny the call of the waves
sifting through the stones like a gentle comb

It just comes and goes-
Goodby, sweet summer flavour
Today I upgrade

blessed for a birthday on the road
a Momentary lull
of nothing behind nothing
ahead
I just come and go

One promenade in
One sleepy town in
One tiny island empire in
One colossal, infinite world
Of all places to be, here I am

Go
Small figure of noodle limb and limber mind
Succomb to the pull, but return

2 comments:

  1. You're great. Happy Birthday again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Elise. It's wonderful to hear about your adventures. We are of course celebrating with Ben today -- sometime there should be a joint birthday party! It's the end of a long long week for Jonathan who has been working 48 hour days every day (well, maybe I exaggerate a bit). I am looking forward to the weekend. Lots to do at home and in and around Ottawa. I have become an enthusiastic inline skater since you left.

    Happy birthday and lots of love, Jude

    ReplyDelete